Friday, May 21, 2010

The man who stares at horses -- Day 10?

Can you believe it? My trip is just about a third over!

My progress report went well, nerve racking as hell to have these guys stand around you. Again it was humbling. I really want to do something that will generate a wow out of my crowd. Its hard, these guys have seen everything for sure!

Lunch with a big crowd today, I think it` would be worth while for me to learn Danish. The basics at the very least and an investment in Rosetta stone is in my future.

I took another way into town today. Got to walk through the race track thats right across the street from the hotel. You could practically get on the horses, thats how close they are. I think the horses stared me down, so i stared back! And then when I walked pass the other set of them, the first ones called over, that was really kinda strange. But its cool, hopefully in the beginning of June I can catch a race! Also on the way to town, one of my co workers beeped me down in her car. Man if you thought going into work and knowing people was cool - that really made me feel at home!

I stopped into the Highlander pub, this may become a habit anytime I´m in town.

So I´m blogging from the Hotel Svanen Reception area, Its like learning how to type again! Since the Danish have a different alphabet, they have a different keyboard too. I came down to plan my trip to Arhus tomorrow. I´m a little scared and excited at the same time. Hopefully I dont get lost or all that other stuff. Get ready for another junkload of pix!

I picked Arhus becuase they apparently have a lot of pubs and beers to pick from. Theres a bunch of breweries there and what not. Seems like a nice town too, second largest in Denmark next to Vejle - which i´m passing through via train. For those who don't know me that well, I consider myself a beer snob. Its a wonderful drink, and can be just as sophisticated as wine. Its good that the only way to collect beer is to taste it, else I'd have another mess in my house! Sorry kids, there is a part of me who grew up.

Man theres a lot of people here for the weekend. Gotta get up good n early for breakfast! Its gonna be a good day tomorrow, i can feel it.

No comments: