Saturday, May 15, 2010

Incredibly Happy I brought Gloves - Day 4

My first Saturday here and thanks to my Jesper, I had a free ticket to LEGOLand! I hope to have more while I'm here personally. Working at the company should have that kind perk..but I guess I'll see right?

So, on a Holiday Saturday morning, there were THRONGS of people getting in line to go to the theme park. All nationalities were present, Europe of course and I over heard some Japanese, Indians and of course Filipinos.

The park is great, and I'll let my 300+ pictures do the talking when i can get all of them up. But, its nothing I haven't seen before in terms of the big picture. There are some really great build techniques here and everything is amazing in its own right. The Atlantis Exhibit is REALLY worth visiting, with a few tanks filled with sharks and super colorful fish. Its an incredibly immersive experience with tunnels and Bubble shaped windows to peer through, it feels like you're swimming with them! Miniland was full of historical european towns and cities and a few modern ones as well. Taking pictures was pretty crazy, I had my gorilla pod snapping away and the best thing I had were the gloves i thought i shouldnt pack. They were the best things ever! I cant believe i still have both of them though. I dropped them a few times in LEGOLand and backtracked to find it on the floor!
I wasnt too impressed by the LEGO Store there, touted as the largest in size in all of Europe. Nothing super fancy there, I was hoping for the new minifigs. The pick-a-brick wasn't to my liking either, but they did have the new Technic T Beams and a lot of technic bricks too. Worth getting, but be sure I see more than my share of these in the office. I had another pizza for lunch and it was better than the last one i had. I dont remember the last time I finished a 12" Pie, albeit very thin crust. The Dragon coaster is also worth noting, with some of the most intricate sculptures I've seen during the ride. Since it was a ride, I couldnt really take pictures. And the end of the ride is a small coaster. I had the funniest face during the picture! By then it started to rain, and I got me a hot chocolate and a brick shaped chocolate piece - So much for telling your kids not to eat LEGO!
I mosey'd along to town in a light drizzle. Yay for Super Brugsen! I got me some even cheaper dinner, but you get what you pay for! I wish i had somewhere to cook over here. Even a microwave would be great. I cant even buy too many drinks since I cant keep anything cold. But, i've got me some ramen and some iced tea for a lot cheaper than it is here at the hotel and I'm happy!
This four star hotel with a fancy restaurant is weird place to walk around with shorts and a sweater. I still need a fork and knife to eat though and ice to keep my drinks cold.
And thats my first saturday, I dont know what to do tomorrow at all. Maybe some more shopping for necessities. Time to figure out some bus schedules so i can get out to other towns. Next week i'm shooting for copenhagen. But I should look into the surrounding towns too. Til then..

new pix on facebook! Week one's almost over and I've got about 400 pix already. That and around 500 pushups. I'm a little behind on those.

No comments: