Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm coming on my 6th week, or maybe 7th..I'm starting to lose count.

Things are finally getting settled down. I've got all of the numbers I think I should have, a bank account, and a bunch of the stuff i should have for work in place.

Now its a matter of balancing work life and the personal life.
Its also balancing how to express myself properly as an employee here. You get a few more rules, and the typical work vocabulary to get used to. Interacting with AFOLS and my friends has me thinking about how I represent myself and also how I'm representing the company I work for. Don't get me wrong, I'm still an AFOL too, but being on the inside does change some things. Its just a time to be more mindful of your thoughts.
Work itself is work, more fun for me than the usual 9 to 5 i think. I am starting to get the routine a little. Its more of a structure than routine. Everyday is still different from the rest. Deadlines are still coming though and well, its fun to get it all done on time!

Life is getting pretty crazy over here, with the Grave Hill crew poker nights and apparent Wednesday night takeovers of the Highlander. Getting to know more and more people, its quite fun and it makes me feel like i'm in college again.

The long distance thing is pretty tough. Getting the time is really hard. Just spending some hours can be really tough. But i have to keep trying. Its gonna be a grand journey. Missing my baby for sure.

No comments: