Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lifes Work

In University I never knew what I was going to do with my life.  LEGO had always been part of it.  Those Technic sets helped me through Structures 101 and even Machines and Mechanisms 101 as well.   I always wanted to model my Dynamics and Statics classes (300 level and 400 level) with Technic.  Aerodynamics classes were definitely not my strong suit, and though I wasn't much of a student, I do blame the establishment a little.    I graduated, and life was an open book.
  My first job was looking for models at some weird agency..that taught me how to spot talent, and maybe even start to nourish it.  Sometime after that I was given the opportunity to teach young kids how to dance, how to perform.  There i learned patience, and connection to others.  I learned how to work with kids and understand their needs, learned how to talk to them and teach them properly.  They taught me just as much as I taught them.  Then the LEGO Store, and there I found my passion, where i found my calling.  Maybe i didn't know it back then, but it would come to pass.  After finding my passion I found my 'River of shit' at the DEP.  And there I understood the passion, and the things i didn't want to do.  You should know both.   I crawled through, faster than I really should have, but I'm finally at the moment when i don't regret that.  When I left the LEGO Store, i didnt think i would be able to go back, but maybe letting go was the best thing for me.  I started on the path of no return, to teach, to explain and eventually master MINDSTORMS. 

And finally getting the opportunity to come here, to build on everything Ive learned in the last 7 years, and even the 5 years before that, and the lifetime before that as well.  I couldnt even begin to explain it all, but it truly is an honor to work on the LEGO MINDSTORMS EDUCATION EV3 project.  

Here it is, order it soon, and know that someone put their whole being into it. 
www.legoeducation.com.  


No comments: